We’d love to hear from you. Please use the link below, or send an email directly to email@example.com.
Ask Us About School Visits
Award-winning authors Susan Koehler and M.R. Street are available to talk to school groups about the importance of reading, the joy of writing, and the business of books. We are happy to meet with you via Zoom and other virtual platforms, as well as in person. Contact us for availability using the form above.
M.R. Street reads ZOMBACON to students at Pineview
Elementary during Literacy Week 2018.
We are currently accepting unsolicited submissions. Please be sure your manuscript aligns with our priorities of middle-grade and young-adult fiction, or other topics that are of interest to young readers. We are not accepting picture book manuscripts at this time.
- What is the difference between middle-grade and young-adult novels? See “Seven Essential Elements of Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction” on the Blog page.
- We love fantasy and realistic fiction, action/adventure, contemporary and historical, as long as the protagonist is relatable, flawed, and has a satisfying character arc. We also are interested in well researched non-fiction that appeals to young audiences.
- You must have a complete manuscript. It has a beginning, middle, and an end. You have had it critiqued by a writing group who has given you objective comments, and you have incorporated their feedback where you feel it fits your vision and improves your story. The story is polished and has been proofed for typographical and content errors.
If you are ready to submit a manuscript, contact us using the form above. Include:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- Tell us if you have published elsewhere, and a brief history of your publications
- The title, word count, genre (fantasy, mystery, romance, adventure, memoir, biography, etc.)
- A synopsis (1-2 pages) of the story you are submitting, including the narrative arc, an explanation of the problem or plot, the characters, and how the novel ends. THIS IS IMPORTANT: A SYNOPSIS IS NOT A TRAILER OR TEASE COPY. It should show that you have a complete story. Copy and paste the synopsis into the text of your email, not as an attachment.
- The first ten pages (2,500 words) of the story, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12. NO ILLUSTRATIONS.
- A statement that this is your work, that it is not previously published or currently under contract, and that you have all rights to publish it.
We know what it’s like to wait for an editor to respond! If we are interested, you will hear back from us quickly — usually within 4 weeks. We try to respond to all inquiries, whether we want to read your manuscript or not. If you have not heard back from us within 12 weeks, you are welcome to send us a follow-up email requesting the status.