We’d love to hear from you. Please use the link below, or send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask Us About School Visits
Award-winning authors M.R. Street and Susan Koehler are available to talk to school groups about the importance of reading, the joy of writing, and the business of books. Until public health precautions allow for face-to-face meetings, we are happy to meet with you via Zoom and other virtual platforms. Contact us for availability using the form above.
M.R. Street reads ZOMBACON to students at Pineview
Elementary during Literacy Week 2018.
We are currently closed to unsolicited submissions. However, here are our guidelines.
- Manuscripts that are appropriate for our target audience: Children (no picture books), teens, young adults, and families. We focus on middle-grade and young-adult novels. See “Seven Elements of Young Adult and Middle Grade Fiction” on the Blog page.
- Fiction or well researched non-fiction.
- A complete manuscript: You have finished the manuscript and had it critiqued. Critique groups provide valuable feedback which you as the author can incorporate as it fits your vision for your story. The story is polished and has been proofed for typographical and content errors.
If you are ready to submit a manuscript, contact us using the form above. Include:
- Your name, email address, and phone number
- Tell us if you have published elsewhere, and a brief history of your publications
- The title, word count, genre (fantasy, mystery, romance, adventure, memoir, biography, etc.)
- A synopsis (1-2 pages) of the story you are submitting, including the narrative arc, an explanation of the problem or plot, the characters, and how the novel ends. THIS IS A SYNOPSIS, NOT A TRAILER OR TEASE COPY. It should show that you have a complete story. Copy and paste this into the text of your email, not as an attachment
- A statement that this is your work and you have all rights to publish it
We know what it’s like to wait for an editor to respond! If we are interested, you will hear back from us quickly — usually within 1-4 weeks. We try to respond to all inquiries, whether we want to read your manuscript or not.